The Associate of Science (AS) degrees are specifically designed for transfer as the equivalent of the first half of the Baccalaureate Degree requirements of most public colleges and Universities.
The General Science concentration is designed as the equivalent of the first half of a Baccalaureate Degree. This is a general plan and may or may not satisfy the requirements of a specific transfer university.
Students desiring to transfer should seek one of these degrees after consultation with the College’s Counseling Center, located in Cypress Campus Center. In keeping with state law, students who complete the 42 credit hours of the Northwest Vista College core curriculum are assured that the core will transfer to any Texas public college or university.
In such instances, the College’s core curriculum will be substituted for the core requirements of the receiving institution. Care should be taken in the selection of the mathematics and science courses to ensure that those courses also meet requirements of the proposed major at the transfer institution.
The following stipulations apply:
· Satisfy minimum entrance requirements.
· Satisfy all Exit Competencies.
· Complete a minimum of 60 semester hours of credit, including at least 25 percent earned at Northwest Vista College.
· Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C”) for all college-level courses taken at Northwest Vista College and a minimum grade of “C” in each course required in the major field of study, whether taken at Northwest Vista College or attempted at another college.
· Courses with a course number beginning with the number zero are developmental level courses and, as such, do not fulfill any requirements for any degrees offered at Northwest Visat College. Additionally, the courses may not be transferable to a four-year university.