Javascript is currently not supported, or is disabled by this browser. Please enable Javascript for full functionality.

Skip to Main Content
    Northwest Vista College
  Jul 13, 2024
Northwest Vista College Schedule/Catalog 2020-2021 
Catalog Navigation
Northwest Vista College Schedule/Catalog 2020-2021 [Archived Catalog]

My Information


ACES is a self-service, secure portal that provides you with access to various resources using a single sign-on. As an ACES user, you have access to registration, financial information, email, library resources, grades, transcripts, online courses, online tutoring, Career Coach, Alamo GPS, and much more. ACES also provides you with the latest information on events and important news taking place at your college. 

Alamo GPS

Alamo GPS is an easy-to-read web-based degree audit program and an academic advisement tool designed to help you understand the degree requirements for your program of study. It helps you view how courses completed count toward degree requirements and what courses and requirements still need to be completed. The system is designed to facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions. 

Name Change

If your name legally changes, you will need to change your legal name on your permanent academic record by presenting appropriate documentation to Admissions and Records/Enrollment Services. To request a name change, submit a completed Biographical/Residency Data Update form and the signed court order, marriage license, or divorce decree showing the new, restored or adopted legal name.

To correct a name that has been misspelled in the Alamo Colleges District's records requires that you submit the correct spelling by providing an official birth certificate or other appropriate legal document.


Residency is established based on the answers you provide to the core residency questions on the admission application via ApplyTexas. You may be contacted by the Alamo Colleges District for additional residency documentation if there are questions about your residency status, which is used to determine your tuition rate and should be changed prior to census date.

Student ID

You are required to have an Alamo Colleges District ID. To obtain a college photo ID, you must be registered with tuition paid, be enrolled in a Payment Plan, or have no tuition balance, and you must present a valid photo ID. All students must present a student identification card for access to services and activities such as library usage, physical education facilities, special events, academic advisement, etc.

Student Directory Information and Privacy of Records

The Alamo Colleges District designates student Directory Information in Board Policy F.4.1.1 as:

  • Name
  • Major/pre-major
  • Enrollment status
  • Dates of attendance
  • Previous education agencies/institutions attended
  • Degrees received
  • Awards received
  • Social Security numbers are not Directory Information

The Alamo Colleges District must release students’ addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses to military recruiters.

FERPA permits release of Directory Information without your consent unless you make a written request to withhold the information. A Request for Nondisclosure Form must be submitted to Admissions and Records/Enrollment Services with valid photo student identification, driving license or completed via ACES Splashpage. It is your responsibility to renew the request each academic year.


A transcript is a comprehensive record of courses taken, honors received, and degree(s) conferred. You can access your unofficial transcript for free via ACES.  Official transcripts can also be requested via ACES, though there is a fee after the first transcript is issued.