The Associate of Arts with a concentration in Fine Arts is designed for students planning to transfer to a four-year university or art school to major or minor in Art, and will benefit any student planning to pursue an art-related position, including: independent studio artist, production artist, teacher, illustrator, photographer, museum or gallery employee, advertising artist, graphic designer, or arts administrator.
This program will provide:
- Emphasis on the development of foundation level skills in studio art;
- Hands-on experience in presenting and exhibiting works of art;
- An understanding of various forms and functions, media and processes in art, as well as the ability to articulate the relationship between form and content and/or function;
- Development of the ability to communicate aesthetic opinion verbally, visually, and through writing, using a working vocabulary of art terms;
- A general understanding of artistic commonalities throughout history and an appreciation for cultural diversity;
- Direct exposure to artists currently working in the field, through visiting artists and community partnerships with local arts organizations.